“I’m born a Hindu and as a Hindu, I feel the Kumbh Mela shouldn’t have taken place”- Sonu Nigam

The ongoing Kumbh Mela event saw several participants test positive for coronavirus. Amidst this, Prime Minister Modi said that the event should be made symbolic going ahead in view of the pandemic. After this announcement, singer Sonu Nigam reacted to the same.

“I’m born a Hindu and as a Hindu, I feel the Kumbh Mela shouldn’t have taken place”- Sonu Nigam

Sinu Nigam feels that religious gatherings should not have been permitted to happen amid the pandemic. On Sunday, a day after PM Modi appealed to observe the event as symbolic to strengthen the fight against the deadly virus; Sonu Nigam posted a video reacting to the same.

"I can’t comment about anything else, I’m born a Hindu and as a Hindu, I feel the Kumbh Mela shouldn’t have taken place in the first place. Thank God good sense prevailed on everyone and it has been made symbolic. I understand it is a matter of faith but considering the present situation of the world, nothing can be more important than the lives of people," he said in the video in Hindi.

Sonu Nigam also said that live shows should not be held amid the second wave which has badly hit India. "As a singer I feel live shows should not be conducted right now. Shows can be done maintaining social distance and taking precautions but not now, at a later time. We have to be very careful, the situation is very bad," he said in the video.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Sonu Nigam (@sonunigamofficial)


Sonu Nigam who will be returning to Mumbai from Goa today will be isolating himself on his return as a precautionary measure.

ALSO READ: Sonu Nigam’s memoir to be published later this year; to share personal, undisclosed details of his life



Click here for more...
from #Bangladesh #News aka Bangladesh News Now!!!
“I’m born a Hindu and as a Hindu, I feel the Kumbh Mela shouldn’t have taken place”- Sonu Nigam “I’m born a Hindu and as a Hindu, I feel the Kumbh Mela shouldn’t have taken place”- Sonu Nigam Reviewed by Tech News on April 19, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

What is the best weight loss Products for women ?

What is the best weight loss Products for women ? Title: Effective Strategies for Successful Weight Loss Introduction Weight loss is a commo...

Powered by Blogger.